If you see a connection error or are having trouble connecting, these steps usually help:
- There is a 6 device limit that can be used with your AdBlock VPN account. If you think you might have reached the limit, go to your Account Management page and remove any unused devices.
- Confirm you are in a country where AdBlock VPN will work: Will AdBlock VPN Work in My Country?
- If you’re seeing the "VPN cannot connect to server" error or the VPN just won't connect, try connecting to a few different locations as there may be a temporary problem with the server location you are trying to access.
- If you're unable to connect to any location, or if a particular location is no longer showing, first try logging out and back in again. If the problem persists, try restarting your computer or device. Note: Logging out works particularly well if you are encountering a "retrying connection" loop with every server location you select.
- Check to make sure you aren't running another VPN at the same time. AdBlock VPN can not be used with another VPN connected.
- If you are still unable to connect, try reinstalling AdBlock VPN. If prompted, select the option to "remove all data" and be sure to restart your device before installing again.
Why don't some websites and apps work with AdBlock VPN?
You may find that it's not possible to use some websites while you have a VPN enabled. Many streaming sites are known for detecting VPNs and blocking access. In these cases, deleting your browser cache and cookies or using the browser in incognito mode might also help. In some cases, you may need to disable AdBlock VPN to use these sites.
Likewise, some apps don’t work with the VPN enabled. On Windows certain apps or services like Microsoft Office, OneDrive or Adobe Cloud encounter connection issues when used with an active VPN. We recommend disabling AdBlock VPN when using these services.