While installing AdBlock VPN you may find that the install process stops and the following error message appears: "Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services".
As the error indicates, the logged in user does not have the correct privileges to install system services. To fix this, you'll need to change the Administrator rights on your machine using these steps:
- Click on Start and type ‘Edit Group Policy’ and press Enter.
- Navigate to Group Policy Object Editor > Local Computer Policy.
- In the console tree, navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- In the details pane, double-click Log on as a service.
- Click Add User or Group.
- Add the account to the list of accounts that have the Log on as a service right.
- Once you have selected the user, click OK.
- Click OK to close the policy editor.
In some Windows 10 and 11 Home versions, the Group Policy Editor may need to be enabled. Please see the following articles for steps on how to enable this:
- How To Enable Gpedit.Msc In Windows 10 Home Edition
- How To Enable Group Policy Editor (Gpedit.Msc) In Windows 11 Home